Saturday, February 13, 2021

Reflections on 2019 - FB Note

 2019 was in a league of its own bandla shame. 



At the end of each year I make it a point to reflect on the lessons learnt, as I sit and reflect on 2019 I’m filled with a rush of emotions, not all of them pleasant. 2019 stretched me beyond anything I’ve ever experienced, it was a year of catatonic shifts, catastrophic and cathartic experiences. In my own mother tongue, bekufiwa.


If I could summarize the major lessons for the year they’d be:

1) What you resist, persists.
2) It’s possible to keep going beyond your (perceived) lowest point.
3) Kuyahlekwa noma kufiwe.
4) Love heals (this lesson I have to thank my son for).
5) God doesn’t need our permission or even our faith.
6) You owe no one an explanation for your spiritual path.
7) There is no shame in being unwell.
8 ) It’s not a crime to fall out of love (with people, careers, hobbies, places).
9) The human mind is incredibly powerful.
10) My father taught me the meaning of “for better or worse”.

No comments:

Post a Comment